Spring Cleaning Tips!
Care.com offers great cleaning tips to help give your spring cleaning a jump start!
21 Time-Saving Spring Cleaning Hacks
A little inventiveness goes a long way when you need new ways to quickly deep clean the house.
If the thought of ridding your home of clutter or scrubbing the deep, dark corners you might have ignored the past year feels daunting, let these spring cleaning hacks inspire you.
- Clean dusty air vents by carefully wrapping a rag around a butter knife, and sliding it back and forth between the vent slats.
- Dab shaving cream on stubborn carpet stains and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, wipe it away with a wet cloth.
- Attach a condiment bottle lid -- the kind with a pointy spout -- over the house attachment of your vacuum to access tight spots your normal vacuum attachments can't handle.
- Put two denture-cleaning tablets in the toilet and let them sit for a few hours. Even hard water stains will scrub away easily, saving you elbow grease and time.
- Place a glass of distilled white vinegar in your microwave and turn it on high for one minute. The steam it creates will make it easier to wipe off crusted-on stains and get rid of nasty odors.
- Station a dust pan under your kitchen faucet with the handle hanging over the edge of the sink. Place a bucket on the ground, directly beneath the handle, and then turn on the water. Voila! An easy way to funnel water into the bucket without struggling to squeeze it under the faucet.
- Disinfect sponges by microwaving them on high for one minute. Alternatively, you can toss them in the dishwasher every time you run it.
- Clean the garbage disposal by dropping in a half a lemon, a handful of crushed ice and a little salt. Turn it on, and odors are quickly neutralized.
- Sprinkle a dryer sheet with a few drops of water and scrub off hard water and residue build-up on glass shower doors.
- Remove water rings from a wood table by blasting the area with a hair dryer on high heat. Wipe the area with a little olive oil when finished to recondition the wood.
- Use tension rods inside your kitchen and bathroom cabinets to hang all your cleaning spray bottles.
- Put a lazy Susan in the fridge so that you don't have to pull items from the front to see what's hiding in the back.
- Clean water stains on bathroom faucets and handles by rubbing them with half a lemon. The result? Shiny fixtures that smell great!
- Reach cobwebs and dusty areas in high places by attaching a towel to a broom. Photo courtesy of Real Simple
- Clean your dishwasher by placing a cup of distilled white vinegar on the top rack and running it.
- Forget the stack! Roll clothes and then place them horizontally in drawers so you can see everything at a glance.
- Place sheet sets inside matching pillowcases for easy storage.
- Sanitize your kids' small plastic toys all at once by running them through the dishwasher.
- Cover fridge shelves with plastic wrap or plastic seals, so that the next time there's a nasty spill, you simply remove the plastic and replace!
- Clean shower heads by removing them and soaking them overnight in distilled white vinegar.
- Dust blinds with an old sock. First, mix a solution of soap and water in a bucket. Then, slip the sock over your hand and dip it in the solution. Make a fist to eliminate excess water, and then run your socked hand over the dusty blinds.
To see the original article please visit: https://www.care.com/c/stories/5912/21-time-saving-spring-cleaning-hacks/
The site OnlyInYourState is always suggesting beautiful places to check out in NC. Check out their description of Craggy Gardens below. To see the full article please visit:http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/north-carolina/enchanting-craggy-gardens-nc/
With spring approaching, we’re all trying to plan the best trips that make the most of highlighting the beautiful seasonal changes that will occur throughout the state. If you’re a little strapped for time or can’t take a trip until May, one place to add to your bucket list is Craggy Gardens. Come late May, the rhododendron blooms that overtake the area make the experience feel like you’ve stepped into an enchanting fairytale world.